Step by Step guide to clearing your barrels and packages from Jamaica Warehouses.
1. After you have collected your shipping documents from the shipping agent and paid the relevant handling or storage fees proceed to the warehouse where your barrel or package is stored.
2. ENSURE you take along your passport or landing slip (if you used the kiosk at the airport), Tax Registration Number (TRN) card and shipping documents to the Customs Supervisor for verification.
3. At the warehouse, present all the shipping documents to the security personnel and wait for your barrel or package to be located.
4. When located the Customs Officer will instruct you to open and unpack the barrel or package for examination and then direct you to the Customs Cashier to make payment.Book learnin a nuh intelligence. Click To Tweet
5. After you have paid, take the Release Order to the Warehouse Operator who will issue a gate pass to you.
Please Note: Barrels containing “Personal Effects” or “Non-commercial” items attract a flat rate charge of JMD$6,500.00 (rate is subject to change).
Notes: If you are clearing a barrel for someone you must present an authorization letter, signed and stamped by a Justice of the Peace (JP). The consignee’s Tax Registration Number (TRN) card and valid passport must be presented to the Customs Official. (Photocopied documents must be signed and stamped by a JP).
For Further Information Contact:
Jamaica Customs Agency Myers’ Wharf,
Newport East, Kingston 15
Telephone: 922-5140-8 extns: 3148-50, Toll free: 1-888-CUSTOMS (1-888-287-8667)